Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quilt Minis

Quilt minis are something that I started doing a few months ago for a couple of reasons. They are, of course a lot smaller that full sized quilts and therefore quicker to complete and it gives me a chance to practice different quilt techniques in a smaller space, to see if I later would want to complete a larger one. I also put them up in my office so that I can appreciate my own work. So many quilts are completed and then given as gifts not to be seen my me again. Unfortunately I didn't learn the true value of photographing my quilts until a year or so ago. Here is my latest completed one.


This was the the beginning of the mini. I finished this last month. I call it DC Metro. The inspiration for this mini was from a similar quilt I saw a few months ago called Tokyo Subway. I didn't realized it at the time, but the original mini quilt i saw, was done by one of my favorite quilters:  Elizabeth Hartman from Oh Fransson! (which incidentally she is doing a quilt-a-long for Tokyo Subway now).

No comments:

Post a Comment